Monday, July 7, 2008

Independence Day (and the week of)

This week was probably the best so far. The Indy missionary men came and visited for the weekend, which was sweet. They arrived on Thursday evening and then on Friday we celebrated the 4th with a pool party at the Havard's! It was a great day of pool volleyball, diving and other such activities!



We made a wavepool!

Then we played this sweet game where you jump over a bar as high as you can. Nick won in every catagory. I mean, seriously, check this out!
Nick flipping over the bar.

Then on Saturday we had a good prayer seminar followed by some work on people's houses in a the branch. I sanded a deck all day, but it was fun with Rus, Mike Coney, David Zimmel and Ben all singing some awesome songs. Then we came back, got all dressed up and had an excellent Lord's day followed by an incredible prayer meeting! There was a lot of prayers for our missionaries and their work. It was really powerful. After that we ate some watermelon and proceeded to jam for the next few hours. There were 3 guitars and 4 "drums" at one point! You can see a video of it here, its kinda funny!

Sunday I went to a really big church that was kinda weird with my bro, and then came home and found out we all had the day to do whatever we wanted! So we went and got supplies for Special K bar. It was amazing! The peices were HUGE!

Then we all decided to drive up to lake Michigan! It was about an hour long drive, but it was totally worth it! We got there and saw the massive sand dunes so we climbed up and jumped off the tops for about 2 hours! We found a nice grass knoll for more air!
Woo! Huge air!

Peter being ridiculus.

From there we went swimming, made a sand hole, buried Chris and played some water football. But then we wanted to jump again and Joe told us about this way bigger dune down shore. So we hiked down the beach to it and discovered that it was, in fact, way bigger! Here's some more footage:Me jumping Peter. I cut it a bit close!



Ben jumping me. TONS OF AIR!



Then at the end we all decided to run down from the very top of this very large dune, at full speed. You would seriously go faster than your legs could carry you. Thats why Nick tumbled, he let himself. Oh and Joe is just being Joe.

It was an awesome day, ended with cigars with Peter Putz for his birthday. Happy 20th!

Oh and I can't forget my present I got from Andy in the mail. My newest addiction.

It took me about 6 hours to solve, with dinner and a talk in there too. And yes I've already broken it from overuse! That black one is missing the yellow tile for it.

Excellent week! More next weekend! I'm leaving for Belize in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I love the sand dunes! i'm glad you got to go and do some jumping.